Leigh A. Alpert
Leigh has practiced immigration law since 2012. She has been selected to the Colorado Rising Stars List from 2018 - 2021, a peer designation awarded to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in Colorado. Leigh has experience in a wide range of cases, both family-based and employment-based, immigrant and nonimmigrant matters. Her specialty is in working with persons of extraordinary ability, investors, and religious workers. Leigh also has extensive expertise in H-2B petitions for seasonal companies in the landscaping and concrete industries.
Leigh is a Michigan native and a December 2011 graduate of the University of Michigan Law School. Leigh interned with the Omaha Immigration Court, the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center, the University of Michigan Law School's Human Trafficking Clinic, and the Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree with high distinction from the University of Michigan where she majored in Political Science and was awarded Phi Beta Kappa.
Leigh has served as a member of the AILA Colorado USCIS Liaison and Legislative Advocacy Committee since 2017. She was the recipient of the AILA Chapter Pro Bono Champion Award in 2016. A successful community organizer, she has managed and facilitated over 15 citizenship workshops on behalf of AILA Colorado. Leigh regularly volunteers at the Colorado Lawyers Committee's Legal Nights. She previously served as the Immigration Committee Chair of the Arapahoe County Bar Association.
Leigh is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). She is admitted to practice law in Colorado, New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
Highly proficient in Spanish, she has lived in Guanajuato, Mexico, and taught English at a bilingual high school in Granada, Spain.
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- University of Michigan
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
- Colorado Lawyers Committee's Legal Nights, 2014 to Present
- AILA Colorado Citizenship Workshop Organizer, 2014 to 2018
- Lisa E. Battan, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2015 to 2020
- Allott Immigration Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2012 to 2015
- University of Michigan Law School's Human Trafficking Clinic, Student Attorney, 2010 to 2011
- Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem, Legal Intern, 06/2011 to 08/2011
- Michigan Immigrant Rights Center, Legal Intern, 09/2010 to 12/2010
- Omaha Immigration Court, Legal Intern, 05/2010 to 07/2010
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Immigration Committee Chair, 2014 to 2015
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- AILA Colorado USCIS Liaison and Legislative Advocacy Committee, 2017 to Present
- AILA Colorado Citizenship Workshop Coordinator, Member, 2014 to 2018
- Immigration and Nationality Law 100%
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado