Lisa E. Battan
- Of Counsel
I am a third generation Colorado native. Although I have not strayed far from home, I have a lifelong interest in learning about people from other places and other cultures.
Licensed to practice law in 1994, I work exclusively in the area of immigration law. I am active in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and served as Chair of the Colorado Chapter of AILA. I also served on the Board of Governors of AILA, and as a member of the family immigration committee. I am also a Past President of the Colorado Bar Association's Immigration Section.
I feel greatly rewarded by my work in immigration law. I have a tremendous opportunity to meet extraordinary people from all over the world. It is truly rewarding to help people overcome the hurdles of our immigration laws in order to live their lives and fulfill their goals and dreams in the United States. Personal contact with my clients and responding to their individual needs has become the hallmark of my practice.
In addition to my work in immigration law, I have also taught and danced Argentine Tango. I have been fortunate to join my passion for tango with my work. I secure visas for most of the world’s best tango dancers and musicians who come to work in the U.S.
I also practice yoga and meditation, ride and compete my horses in the sport of dressage, listen to music from other countries, walk my dog and try to enjoy special moments with my beautiful daughter and family.
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. - 1994
- University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
- B.F.A. - 1990
- Honors: Outstanding Senior Student
- Major: Fine Arts - Painting & Drawing
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Major: Philosophy
Classes & Seminars
- Family Immigration, Colorado Bar Association, 1998 to 2000
- Family Immigration, Boulder Bar Association, 1998 to 2000
- Health Care Professionals, Colorado Bar Association, 2004 to 2004
- Health Care Professionals, Boulder Bar Association, 2004 to 2004
- Divorce for Immigrants, Colorado Bar Association, 2000 to 2000
- Divorce for Immigrants, Boulder Bar Association, 2000 to 2000
- Immigration for Family Lawyers, Boulder Bar Association, 2006 to 2006
- Immigration and Employment Laws, Colorado Bar Association, 2006 to 2006
- Immigration Law Overview, Colorado Bar Association, 2007 to 2007
- Immigration for Employment Lawyers, Colorado Bar Association, 2007 to 2007
- Family Immigration Fundamentals, Colorado Bar Association, 2007 to 2007
- Employment Immigration, Colorado Bar Association, 2007 to 2007
- Lisa E. Battan, P.C., Attorney/President, 2000 to 2020
- Lichter & Associates, P.C., Associate Attorney, 1997 to 1999
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Colorado Chapter, Chair, 05/2005 to 05/2006
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, Family Immigration Committee
- Colorado Bar Association - Immigration Section, Past Chair
- Dance Teacher
- Horse Back Riding Teacher/Trainer
- Immigration 100%
- Colorado, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1997