Emily R. Rivard
- Senior Associate Attorney
Driven by her interest in learning of other cultures, passion for justice, and belief that families belong together, attorney Emily Rivard has devoted her career entirely to immigration law. She works primarily on family-based immigration cases, including adjustment of status applications, consular processing, waivers, and removal defense. In addition, Emily finds great joy in assisting clients who have faced adversity by using their experience as an empowering basis in their immigration process through applications such as asylum (before USCIS and immigration court), U Visas, VAWA (male and female), and TPS.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Emily attended college and law school in New York. She received her Bachelor's and Juris Doctor degrees from Hofstra University and Hofstra University School of Law, respectively, on a six-year accelerated program. She is also a proud alumna of the Hofstra Asylum Clinic. Her experience working with asylum seekers during law school instilled a belief that each individual has a unique story to tell, and that her job as an attorney is to use that story to navigate the law as part of an individual's immigration journey.
Previously, Emily worked for several years as the senior associate attorney at an immigration firm in Lakewood, CO. She is an active member in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Colorado Chapter and served as Chair of AILA Colorado's New Member's Division for two years. She is also a volunteer attorney with the Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN) and serves as a legal mentor to non-immigration volunteer attorneys.
Emily is proficient in French and enjoys studying languages. In her free time, she cherishes time with her family, teaches dance fitness, and enjoys being outside in the beautiful Colorado weather.
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 2013
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York
- B.A. - 2011
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: With Distinction
- Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN), Pro Bono Attorney, 2013 to Present
- RMIAN, Legal Mentor, 2017 to Present
- Aretz & Chisholm Immigration, Senior Associate Attorney, 2013 to 2019
- Hofstra University Asylum Clinic, Law Student Advocate, 2012 to 2013
- Lisa E. Battan, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2019 to 2020
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member, 2012 to Present
- AILA New Members Division, Colorado Chapter, Chair, 2016 to 2018
- AILA GEO Liaison Committee, Member, 2015 to 2016
- Immigration and Nationality Law 100%
- New York
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- AILA Colorado Chapter "Rising Star"